Hanna Somatics sessions are now available online using Zoom. Here is the procedure for sessions via Zoom:
- You’ll need a laptop, tablet, or phone with a Zoom app and a web camera (most of these devices have web cameras incorporated). Probably most of us have this already! If not, let me know and we’ll figure out how best to get it onto your device.
- E-mail or call me to set up a time for your session. Once we decide on a date/time, I’ll send you an e-mail with a Zoom link for our session. At the appointed time, you’ll click the link and you will be connected with me.
- Set up your device so that I can see you when you are lying on the floor. We can work out the best angle once your session has started. Be sure to wear clothing that doesn’t restrict your movement. Also, set up your device in a space where there is enough room around you so that you can spread your arms straight out to the sides from your shoulders.
- When the session starts, we’ll spend a little time talking about your current somatic issues and observations, then I will lead you through Somatic movements designed to release chronic tension from relevant areas. At the end, we’ll discuss any questions you might have regarding your movement practice until the next session.
- If appropriate, we’ll set a date for our next session.
- You have several payment options. You can pay online via PayPal or Venmo. You can also pay by check (to Carol Kerner) and mail it to120 Georgian Court Rd., Rochester, NY, 14610.
If you would like to set up a session time, e-mail email@example.com or call 585 369-7611 with some times that might work for you.